Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blog #19: Critique a Professional Example


The most succesful element of this work sample is the way the artist depicted the colors and light. The picture looks really nice and extremely professional. It depicts what its supposed to depict [air pollution] in a very strong way because of the high contrast and the colors chosen.

The message of the work is air pollution. I know this because I looked up 'pollution' is google. And guessing by the fact that he has a gas mask on, something is in the air that could harm i=his body if he was to breathe it in, therefore I guessed air pollution. Or war, but the website for this picture said this has something to do with 'industrial' so maybe industrial work pollution. I don't know. But either way it is pollution.

I don't really know who the intended audience for this work is.

The lighting, I've already explained that. The colors, becuase they are dark and gloomy, so he's not wearing the gas mask becuase he's happy or it's stylish. The shadows, and the way the artist painted him and the industrial pipe thing in the background gives it the whole industrial breathing problem effect.

technique: Lighting. And he used one factory symbol in the background that kind of gives a little hint of what the picture depicts.

I chose this art peice becuase it has the type of elements that I plan on using in my art to make the message 'pop out' more. I want to use alot of contrast, and not gloomy colors, but the right colors to show water pollution. And i like this picture. It looks really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment