Thursday, May 13, 2010

Post Trial Reflection

1. Summarize the facts of the case, as presented by the prosecution. Include relevant witnesses and testimony.

-SB1070 not allowing illegal immigrants to have a trial is against the constitution therefore unconstitutional.
-John Adams and James Madison wrote the constitution and Amendments.
-Raul was a witness (but i don't remember why). He was an immigrant that worked in America for a while.
-SB1070 is over stepping the boundaries of the state government.
-the Senate Bill is taking the federal governments job.



2. Summarize the facts of the case, as presented by the defense. Include relevant witnesses and testimony.

-SB1070 was made to better protect Arizona citizens and strengthen the state borders, as well as illimnate racial profiling.
-The cop was shot by an illegal immigrant
-The bill was not made to over-step the state boundaries, but help the state of Arizona since the federal government was not.



3. What was the most significant piece of evidence, in your personal opinion?

The most significant piece of evidence was the Constitution because the whole trial was put-on because many thought the new bill was unconstitutional.



4. What was the most significant argument made, in your opinion?

There were a lot of very significant arguments made; I can't pick just one. Arizona was just trying to protect its borders and citizens, but the bill was against one of the lines in the constitution. So... I don't really know which one to chose.



5. What do you personally believe the correct verdict should be? Do you agree with the jury? Why or why not?

I believe that, for Arizona, Senate Bill 1070 is the best because they are struggling with their finances, dangerous situations, illegals, and etc. The bill is against the constitution, so I think illegal immigrants should get a trial, or atleast some sort of a trial. But i don't think it was a bad bill for them to make. They asked the federal government for assistance and the federal gov't sat back and let the problem continue. Obama laughed at their situation and they were left to fend for themselves. I know, I sure would not have sat and waited for the federal government to come in the last minute. So the Senate Bill 1070 was good for them, in every way except the trial part. Other than that, they did what they had to, and they made a good decision about that.

I think I deserve a 45 out of 50 points because I worked hard and didnn't slack off. I read tons of articles and researched lots of information about my character (Jan Brewer). I practiced and tried to understand the point she came from. I researched Arizona's history with laws and their financial issues, and I cooperated with my 'lawyers'; Nathan and Jasmine. I could have done better with learning more about the case, like the constitution and the House Bill. I also didn't fully read the Senate Bill 1070, which was bad on my part, considering i was Jan Brewer. And Jan Brewer would have most likely read it. But other than that, I think I did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment